When Den of Geek say they have a solid source, I believe they mean cast iron. Their slightly sucky team may have fallen someway behind ours in last week’s big Monsters University quiz night, but they’re certainly good guys and trustworthy.
Well, that’s the UK Den of Geek anyhow. I really can’t vouch for the US lot.
So, according to the UK Den’s new report, the characters being played by Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy are The Collector and Nebula respectively. At the same time, they’re repeating that Lee Pace is playing Ronan the Accuser, which isn’t new news, but now, I’d say, rather solidly locked down.
Previously, we’d heard that Del Toro’s character will be in multiple Marvel movies, which kind of threw me off the scent somewhat. How will they use The Collector over and over again? I can see how he might factor into The Avengers sequel, but beyond that, I’m at a loss. For now.
We’ve also heard that Ronan the Accuser will “swap sides” as the film goes on, in keeping with his comic book legacy.
Add Nebula, the space pirate and alleged grand daughter of Thanos – though I would like to see the DNA test results, please – and I think it’s signed, sealed and on the way to the postbox that this plot line will feature the Infinity Gems.
Guardians of the Galaxy is in production in the UK now. Expect a lot more to break around the time of Comic Con.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014