Jessy Williams writes for Bleeding Cool.
He may have hung up his Dark Knight cape for good, but Christian Bale is showing no sign of giving up in the pursuit of evil. Though, as you’ll see in the two first images from Out of the Furnace, there’s something rather more blue collar about his costumes this time.
Directed by Crazy Heart‘s Scott Cooper, Out of the Furnace follows steel-worker Russell Baze, played by Bale, as he searches for his missing brother. His snooping leads him to a local criminal played by the ever-intimidating Woody Harrelson.
The first of the images shows the two men glaring at one another – is Harrelson un-buttoning his shirt? Neither of them looks particularly happy about it.
It may not sound like the most refreshing idea for a film – there are plenty that follow the idea of an Average Joe guy taking down the bad guys. What would get you excited here is the great cast: as well as Bale and Harrelson there’s Forrest Whitaker, Sam Shepard, Zoe Saldana and Willem Dafoe.
Sure, no film can solely survive on its star-studded cast alone, but I don’t think this is going to be another New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day somehow, do you?
And here we go. Bale is showing a look of determination as he drives in the second image. The actor really nails that ‘I have a lot on my mind look’ doesn’t he?
Scott Cooper has already proved his ability to tell a riveting and honest story and with a host of strong actors by his side, Out of the Furnace is definitely looking like one to watch out for.
The US release date is set for November 29th. Thanks to USA Today for the pics.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015