It’s just a one-minute commercial but here’s another work from David Fincher and his Dragon Tattoo star, Rooney Mara. Once again, he’s styled her to the point that she seems unreal. Weta Digital’s King Kong maintained photorealism with more consitency than Mara is afforded in this clip.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0JMFIVzo9c
The slow motion running with the kids and the trailer at 26 seconds or so made me think of Jonathan Glazer‘s video for Street Spirit by Radiohead. I imagine it might just be a deliberate homage.
But also reminiscent of this ad, and with better reason, was the photo shoot with Mara that Fincher did a year or so ago. He certainly likes to give her a “movie idol” look.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014