Dylan Gonzalez writes;
Beer: Hoptimus Prime
Brewer: Ruckus Brewing Co.
Ruckus Brewing Company had to have been catering to the geek community by calling this beer Hoptimus Prime. Clearly named after the leader of the Autobots from Transformers fame, Hoptimus Prime is also named after the fact that five different types of hops were used in its creation.
When poured into a glass, Hoptimus Prime is a beautiful amber color. It produces an almost perfect head, resulting in quite a striking glass of beer. When lifting the glass to smell, you can detect the hops instantly. They give of a great, citrus smell, almost like honeydew.
This beer is hoppy as hell. I feel like that is the only way to describe its taste. The presence of those five different hops is clearly evident. It leaves a strong, hoppy aftertaste that clings to the tongue and, couple with the carbonation, leaves a pleasant sting on the tongue. Despite the strength of this beer, though, I found it to be quite palatable.
Hoptimus Prime certainly lives up to its namesake. While some may be warded off by the hopiness of this beer, I personally found it very tasty and smooth to drink. Highly recommended for the Geek Beer hunt.
What to drink this to:
I mean, come on, it’s right there in the name! Put on whatever era of Transformers you like the best or grew up while you pour out a drink from this beer. G1, Beast Wars, Armada, what have you. Maybe not those silly Michael Bay movies, though, they’re pretty racist.
Dylan Gonzalez happens to love beer and comic books and luckily found a place to write about the former because he has no idea how to actually make money in the real world. He lives in a cave in New Jersey.
Tweet him at @BeardedPickle and check out his podcast.
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017
- Jason Inman, The Face Of DC All Access, Has A New Comic Of His Own Now… - January 20, 2017
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017