Over the weekend I wrote an article based on events in the Man Of Steel movie. I asked, since Superman has killed in that film, could we see any of that happening in the Superman comic? If only for synergy? And I wondered if that might be just the kind of thing to kick off Trinity War?
And then I get this mysterious e-mail from… let’s say, someone I’ve spoken to about this kind of thing before.
“Are you psychic or something?
“Superman does indeed take a life. It is in the next issue of Justice League. It is not of his own volition. And it is [REDACTED] who, to be fair, only seems to be around so that he can die.”
Okay, there are only so many spoilers I can inflict. But In recompense I can tease that Firestorm villains are key. The Atom has a secret. There is another unrevealed Trinity and… because this is Geoff Johns, a connection to a very early Silver Age JLA story.
But, yes, if the headline bit is true, this is big news. A death at the hands of Superman might be just the kind of thing to kick off a big superhero story about what it is to be a hero, and a villain, and set Justice League against Justice League.
Let’s find out on Wednesday, Or on Tuesday, when DC tells USA Today. If, of course, any of this is true…
A special convention exclusive version with gatefold cover will be available at San Diego Comic Con.
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018
- Comic Bistro Opens In Aberdeen This Weekend - October 20, 2018
- Complete Guide To List of Names on Dick Grayson’s Phone in Titans Episode 2 - October 20, 2018
- Lois Lane’s New Book is Called ‘My Life With Superman’… in Action Comics #1004 - October 20, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 20th October 2018 - October 20, 2018