The DC We Can Be Heroes – Superman Edition was looking as if it might not quite make it’s $100,000 mark on Indiegogo, raising money for charities associated with the Horn Of Africa, and spearheaded by DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson.
That was before one Timothy Draper donated $25,000 for the top reward of having DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee fly out to paint his wall.
Draper is a venture capitalist, known for early investments in Hotmail and Skype, and for first using the term “viral marketing” to describe how ideas can spread on the internet.
You know, I wonder if Draper wants a mural of DC comic characters. Or if he just wants his wall painted a nice shade of green.
UPDATE: It’s made it!
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018