The DC We Can Be Heroes – Superman Edition was looking as if it might not quite make it’s $100,000 mark on Indiegogo, raising money for charities associated with the Horn Of Africa, and spearheaded by DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson.
That was before one Timothy Draper donated $25,000 for the top reward of having DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee fly out to paint his wall.
Draper is a venture capitalist, known for early investments in Hotmail and Skype, and for first using the term “viral marketing” to describe how ideas can spread on the internet.
You know, I wonder if Draper wants a mural of DC comic characters. Or if he just wants his wall painted a nice shade of green.
UPDATE: It’s made it!
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017
- “When Their Sales Go Down, They Will Abandon You” – Run DMC’s Darryl McDaniels On Comic Book Publishing - April 26, 2017
- Venom #150, The First Of The Marvel Legacy Comics – And It Shows - April 26, 2017