Things aren’t exactly going The Lone Ranger‘s way at the moment. He’s being trounced at the box office by Gru and his minions and the rotten tomatoes are flying in by the bucketload.
But it could be worse. Because there was another attempt to remake The Lone Ranger, a few years ago, and that one didn’t even make it to the screen.
Concept artist Keron Grant has been posting a few samples of his work on the cancelled proposal, and they do look nice.
Grant wrote an interesting caption too:
These were done for a TV show revamp which led to the movie that’s in theaters today.
Quite how this aborted TV show led to the movie we have today isn’t clear. I know that Jerry Bruckheimer has been trying to get the movie up and going since 2007 at least, so I assume Grant’s work is even older than that?
Anyway, his comment…
These are images I developed few years ago with producer Eric Calderon for a proposed TV show. The Hollywood guys saw these images, liked where we were going, took over and decided to made a movie.
…is the first I’ve heard of Calderon working on a Lone Ranger project at all. I wonder if Grant’s concept of the cause and effect at work here is accurate?
The Lone Ranger is in US cinemas now. I’ve not seen it yet, so I’m trying to be open minded. I should probably stay away from Twitter for a while – perhaps until the August 9th UK release.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014