Premiering at the Fantasia Film Festival later this month, L’Autre Monde is an intriguing new documentary on the French region of Montségur from cult favourite Richard Stanley, the director of Hardware, Dust Devil and the short Mother of Toads from 2011’s The Theatre Bizarre.
For L’Autre Monde Stanley has re-teamed with Hobo With a Shotgun cinematographer Karim Hussain, who he worked with previously on Mother of Toads.
When he was younger, Stanley studied anthropology in South Africa and has previously made documentaries about an SS officer’s search for the Holy Grail, the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and voodoo practices in Haiti. For his latest study he has decided to introduce us to the village of Montségur in France, his home for the past three years and somewhere he has visited over the last two decades. It’s clearly somewhere that’s very special to Stanley, and I imagine this to be a very personal project for him.
Twitch have got their hands on a selection of images from the film and the festival notes from the Fantasia Film Festival. You can see a few of the images below but head over to the original story to see the rest and read the notes in full.
I was lucky enough to attend the Fantasia Film Festival a few years ago and kind of fell in love with the it, and Montreal in general. If you have the opportunity to attend I can highly recommend it.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013