Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
If there’s one movie I am most excited for this year, it would be Elysium.
It’s no secret that sci-fi can be at its best when reflecting on the real, and that’s the concept that Neill Blomkamp has built his career on. While he might not be a master of stone-cold filmmaking technique, I do think he’s a great storyteller with enough skill to frame his metaphorical worlds in exciting cinema.
Here is the third trailer for his sophomore effort, starring Matt Damon, Jodie Foster and Sharlto Copley.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOJW9GFTs0
Nothing terribly new there, but it does seem more District 9-y than the other trailers. And Blomkamp certainly seems to have created a nice juxtaposition of cinematic styles between Elysium and Earth and I’m interested to see how he exploits this throughout the whole film.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015