Taken and Leon creator Luc Besson‘s sci-fi superheroine movie, Lucy, will have the studio’s biggest ever budget.
According to EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert, as quoted by JeuxActu, they’re getting ready to spend:
the highest budget in the history of EuropaCorp… Luc Besson has never put so many special effects in a movie.
The FX might explain the hike in budget, though I’m sure the cast will cost a few pennies too, with Scarlett Johansson in the title role and Morgan Freeman in support.
While we don’t have a specific budget yet I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear one soon enough. These kinds of numbers leak all of the time. I’m sure the studios just want us to know how much they spend on making us happy.
And Lucy certainly sounds like a solid Luc Besson flick. Johansson will be playing a drugs mule who gains telekinetic powers, the ability to see into the future and total disregard pain when her cargo leaks into her bloodstream.
Freeman will play a professor who specialises in neurology, and is apparently the only person that can help Lucy survive.
It all sounds promising, and Besson has good form with action fare, not to mention female action heroines, so I think we can all let a little bit of excitement seep into our bloodstream.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014