Andrea Di Stefano‘s Paradise Lost has a nifty hook that brings in a bit of true life crime around the edges of teen romance. Here’s the official plot blurb:
Young surfer Nick thinks all his dreams have come true when he goes to visit his brother in Columbia. Against an idyllic backdrop of blue lagoons and white beaches he falls madly in love with a beautiful Colombian girl called Maria. It all seems perfect until he meets her uncle, one Pablo Escobar.
Nick is being played by Josh Hutcherson, who won my lasting respect by appearing in both The Hunger Games and Detention in just the space of a year or so; meanwhile, Benicio Del Toro is playing Escobar. That’s him showing off his amateur photography skills in the image at the head of the story, presented here by courtesy of Pathe International.
Paradise Lost sounds like it could be a bit of a shaggy dog story, or it could be a great, if heightened, relationship drama. The film wrapped recently so it might be some time until we see a trailer, but the Del Toro image will do in the meantime. And there’s also this clip from a French show about the shoot – though some fangirl has trimmed it back to just the stuff with Josh Hutcherson in.
Every time I think about this film my mind wanders back to an old episode of Podge and Rodge’s brilliant A Scare at Bedtime. This episode. You might not want to watch it if you’re eating.
Imagine doing that to Pablo Escobar’s conservatory. I know I do. Regularly.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014