While Duncan Jones balances development of his own Ian Fleming biopic with a big World of Warcraft workload – and no, that’s not a euphemism for staying up all night playing games – Sky have pressed ahead with their own drama about the creator of James Bond.
Fleming is to be a four-part drama with Dominic Cooper in the lead role. As you’ll see from these images, Lara Pulver is also in, playing Ann O’Neill. She’s described in Fleming’s official bio as “the love of his life.”
And as you’ll also see, if you check out the trailer, there’s at least a few seconds where he holds a gun. Probably. Unless this was just for this promo.
In reality, Fleming was a member of the Naval Intelligence Division. Perhaps there really was a moment when he crept around a spiral staircase brandishing a firearm. He wouldn’t have looked like Dominic Cooper while he was doing it, though – more like Geoffrey Rush, really. Still, there’s fun to be had conflating some of Fleming’s real life with his fantasy creation and it looks Sky are after that.
Fleming was directed by Spike Island‘s Mat Whitecross. There’s no word yet on when it will air but it’s going to be on Sky Atlantic.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014