Straight from the horse’s mouth. Christian Bale has told Entertainment Weekly that he won’t be donning the cowl again to play Batman in the planned Justice League film.
Regarding a Justice League film he said,
I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I’ve literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that’s it.
Odd use of the word literally aside, Bale seems to be pretty clear in stating that he’s not involved in the Justice League film. He also makes it clear that he’s more than happy for another actor to take over the role,
We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy.
It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.
I thought Christian Bale was excellent as Batman and as Wayne but like Bale I too am looking forward to seeing what somebody else will come up with. Not just what a different actor will bring either, a different director, writer and so on.
The Nolan Batman films are much loved though so it will be interesting to see how Warner Brothers plays this one and tackles the introduction of a new Batman. At this point it seems more likely that his first introduction will be in a Justice League film rather than in a standalone Batman film.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013