Now, USAopoly and Skybound Entertainment have revealed updated contents for these games and how they differ from standard editions of MONOPOLY and RISK.
RISK: The Walking Dead Survival Edition
USAopoly will debut a brand new map set in the southeast region of the United States where players battle and scavenge for their very lives. Players vie to be the dominant group of survivors in a post apocalyptic world infested by the undead. Contending for survival at every turn, gamers must not only fend off attacks from the living who compete for precious, limited resources upon which their survival depends, but they also must maintain their self-preservation from the unrelenting hordes of the undead that would feast upon them.
- Zombies, referred to in The Walking Dead as “walkers,” will populate areas of the map and will continue to randomly spawn at the start of each players turn. Spawning escalates at the start of each round providing increased danger for the players. When walkers spawn into an occupied territory the combat resolves immediately.
- A deck of “Event” cards. At the start of each players turn, in addition to spawning walkers, an event card must be drawn and read aloud. These cards reference story events from The Walking Dead canon and provide players with challenges with potential rewards and penalties and create more overall suspenseful interaction.
- A new deck of “Supply Cards” will add strategy, fun and flavor to this classic tabletop game.
- The game duration mirrors that of RISK: 2210 in that the game ends and scoring occurs after a period of time and not with one player controls ever territory. This speeds up game play and minimizes the duration an eliminated player is “out of the game”. However, the ability to play classic RISK and the corresponding rules will be provided.
MONOPOLY: The Walking Dead Survival Edition
Currency has been replaced with Supplies. Houses are walls, Hotels are Guard Towers. Chance cards become Scavenge cards, and the Community Chest cards are Supply Chest cards. Income Tax has been replaced with Herd, the Luxury Tax has been replaced with Protection. Other changes include:
Light Blue Properties
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017