Sometimes even the most throwaway of responses from an actor can suggest a secret they’re hiding.
Other times, it might reveal no more than how much of a pot-stirrer they are, or how good they are at “playing the game.” Or how jet lagged they are. Or distracted. Or just plain crazy.
Other times, there might just be some misunderstanding at work.
But let’s look at this video of long-time Star Wars nut Dominic Monaghan from Desde Hollywood‘s Red Carpet coverage of The Lone Ranger.
So, that went something like –
DesdeH: Are you going to be in Star Wars? …Yes!
Monaghan: Well, I can’t answer that question. Ask J.J. Abrams. He’ll know.
But… it’s the head movement that sells me on there being something here. Something nebulous but real.
My guess is that Monaghan has, at the very least, had his agent push him for a role. His previous working relationship with Abrams, in so much as he was in Lost, might have opened a direct path of communication.
I think it rather unlikely that Monaghan didn’t lobby Abrams already. I have to say, I’m rooting for him because he really is quite a passionate fan of the saga. Here’s a clip of him discussing his love of the films with The Huffington Post:
One of the known roles in the film would seem to suit Monaghan better than any of the others, and that’s the one I described as:
Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
Because, to be frank, he’s male and thirty something. Not a great deal of crossover, necessarily, but, hey – that’s why they hire actors.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014