Hold on to your hats because Hayao Miyazaki has made another film about the awe and majesty of flight. Here’s the first trailer for The Wind Rises, an animated biopic of Jirō Horikoshi, designer of the Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter plane that played a crucial role in World War II for Japan.
This teaser, which I found at AnimeNewsNetwork, focuses on his – less morally complex – early years.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5teNe-Z9hlE
The Wind Rises will be along in Japan on July 20th. We’re a little behind here in the UK, as Studio Ghibli’s From Up on Poppy Hill is still getting ready for its August 2nd release date. Still, it’s a little cracker, and I think audiences will consider it well worth the wait.
US readers note: the film is on a tour of select cinemas right now and it should be headed to DVD and Blu-ray before long.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014