This trailer for Bobcat Goldthwait‘s Willow Creek can’t evoke an essential part of the film’s mood for much the same reason that Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity was hard to cut into a teaser. While there are only something like 20 cuts in the whole of Willow Creek, this promo manages that in under a minute.
One of Goldthwait’s objectives with this film, he says, was to make Bigfoot scary. Why? Because if you’ve gone so far as to be scared by the idea of Bigfoot, you’ve stopped dismissing its existence out of hand and are now open to the possibility of its existence.
In my dreams, filmmakers like Bobcat Goldthwait would be the ones we honour at the big awards shows. And I promise that’s not just because I want to a see a Bobcat Bigfoot Bobcat Bigfoot twist on David Letterman’s Uma Oprah Uma Oprah schtick from the Oscars.
Thanks to Badass Digest for the embed. More on Bobcat later, I think…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014