I’ve told comic book publishers that I will report on their sell-outs, but only if I get accurate sales figures to accompany them. So, yes, there always is a bit of PR puffery associated with these kind of pieces, but we also get sold cold hard stats to number crunch and make value judgments from.
Half Past Danger #1 is sold out,for example and it’s going to go to a second print. It sold 8,500 and garnered a couple of hundred back orders in the process.
Wild Blue Yonder #1 however sold out before it hit the shelves, all 12,327 printed copies pre-allocated and a great launch for the title.
Both comics are pulpy action adventure comics, with an emphasis on leather, derring do and doing to comics what Indiana Jones did to the movies. Reinventing, reinterpreting and reinventing the past for some very modern stories.
I think they’re both great. And now we know just how well they sold as well. Speculators, do your thing…
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017