Well, either that or the whole thing is a curious bit of double agency.
As reported in The Norwich Evening News, and subsequently passed to me by a PR company working on the film, a group of Alan Partridge fans are looking to secure the Alpha Papa premiere for their county and not London.
Partridge is possibly North Norfolk’s most well known export, but the idea of him having fans sort of ruffles the narrative somewhat.
I do think they should have the premiere up there, hopefully in a suitably sad cinema. And then only allocate enough tickets to half fill it. That’ll get the meta-narrative back on track.
There are so many layers of confusion and irony that here all I’m really sure of is, yes, these fans are promoting the Partridge film, yes, the film’s PRs are looking to get coverage from this but no, I don’t care because it’s Alan Partridge and he’s bloody hilarious.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014