Ed Brown writes for Bleeding Cool
Paul Feig, creator of Freaks and Geeks and director of Bridesmaids, will follow up his Sandra-Bullock and Melissa McCarthy cop-com The Heat with the first instalment of – hopefully – a new spy franchise.
According to The Wrap, Susan Cooper will take a more realistic approach than other films in the sub-genre, such as Johnny English and Austin Powers. The new script was reportedly inspired specifically by 2006’s Casino Royale. So does that mean we can expect some sort of grit in with the comedy? I’d be interested to see how that would work.
Feig is currently in the process of finding the female lead. I can definitely support his streak of female-led comedies.
I’m sure a lot of excitement for this project will guarded until after we see The Heat, out in the US on June 28 and in the UK on July 31.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015