Disney’s new, live-action version of Cinderella will expand the role of the Fairy Godmother somewhat. Not only will she appear in something like her traditional form, The Hollywood Reporter tell us that the character will also have some scenes watching over Cinders in the disguise of “an old beggar.”
Sounds like a no-brainer to cast Helena Bonham Carter, then, who can do glam and tramp with equal aptitude, and often seems to be doing both at once.
The casting of key roles is now almost complete. Kenneth Branagh and Disney ultimately cast Lily James in the title role, with Cate Blanchett as her wicked stepmother, Sophie McShera and Holliday Granger as her stepsisters, and Game of Throne‘s Richard Madden as Prince Charming.
It’s still not entirely clear when and where this version of the story will be set. Despite several comments that the film is a “more contemporary” take on the fairy tale, nobody has ever really explained what that might mean.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014