Joe Swanberg‘s Drinking Buddies seems to be a romantic quadrangle with two pretty corners and two beardy ones. More surprisingly, it seems to have a certain amount of polish, thanks in no smalls part to Beasts of the Southern Wild cinematographer Ben Richardson.
The microbrewery milieu is intriguing too. Finally something to double bill with Strange Brew once you’re finally sick of The Lion King.
Well, everybody came out of that looking pretty good, I think. Here’s hoping that Swanberg has found a little more shape, perhaps even purpose, than in some of his earlier, sketchier films. Reviews have certainly been good.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014