The first trailer for Martin Scorsese‘s wall street drama is driven by the rhythm, getting down with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConnaughey, Jonah Hill and more.
26 years old, he says? Well, that’s when Orson Welles made Citizen Kane – and I know which of those “achievements” I’m more impressed by.
There might be some confusion, thanks to the all-styles blender that constitutes fashion today, but The Wolf of Wall Street is set in the 80s. They’re not just wearing these hairstyles because they wish Reagan was still president.
What also might not be clear is that this is based on a true story, adapted from Jordan Belfort‘s memoirs of the same name by Boardwalk Empire’s Terrence Winter. Interestingly, this trailer avoids all traces of the true story’s pay-off, so I’m guessing they’re working on the – probably quite accurate – presumption that nobody knows where this is going.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014