Well, at least Grant Morrison can say he got his first.
Mark Millar has been honoured in the Queen’s 2013 Birthday Honours List with the title MBE, or Member of the Order of the British Empire.
He is awarded the honour for his role as a “Comic Book Writer and Film Producer. For services to Literature and Drama.” The only writer I could see similarly nominated was PJ Harvey.
Millar is now entitled to use those letters after his name. I hope we’ll see them in the credits to the next issue of Kick Ass 3.
He told Millarworld “Thanks, chaps. Soon the Sith will rise again and I will take my throne in Parliament!!!”
And he told The Herald “These kind of honours you usually see going to other people, so its nice. I got an honorary doctorate last year so I am starting to feel very respectable. I want my kids to write MBE on my father’s day card.” And on his upcoming trip to Buckingham Palace, “Lucy is very excited. Women love a nosy around other people’s houses and one of the first things she said to be was that she couldn’t wait to go down and have a look around the place. I think the whole thing will be worth it for that.”
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017