Tom Hiddleston gave off some accidently mixed messages last December, telling some red carpet reporters that he’d spoken to Joss Whedon about the Avengers sequel and others that he had no idea if he’d be returning to the series.
It was all literally true, of course, but the internet overreached a little and I saw stories suggesting he was coming back sprouting up amongst those that said he definitely wasn’t.
Perhaps we can take Joss Whedon‘s word for it, however. Speaking on the Empire podcast, Whedon seemed to confirm that there won’t be any Loki in Avengers 2. Skip to 30 minutes or so and you’ll hear him talking about the film, getting on to this around 34 minutes:
Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment [in Avengers 2] and you’ll be looking for quim. First of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki’s not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back. Not as an insult, it’s just a nice word.
No, I’m not surprised. It was my assumption, in fact. Too much of a good thing, and all that.
But Hiddlebitc… er… Hiddlestoners can’t rest assured that Loki has a significant role to play in Thor 2, coming along later this year.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014