Remember Mia Grace, the four year old girl with a rather impressive knowledge of Marvel continuity?
Yesterday, Mia and her parents were invited to attend the Marvel Comics offices. Her dad wrote;
We did not expect to find such inspiration for my daughter’s future as an intelligent woman. I have always supported Mia’s love of Super Heroes because I think that she can find some worthy female roll models in the Comic Book Universe. Characters who show her that she can be just as capable and just as strong as any boy. One of the things I know about this trip is something that I’m sure Mia is probably too young to understand. I know that when Mia looks back, she will realize that this trip will have helped to shape her understanding of how successful a woman she can be. She met so many impressive women doing impressive things that it is impossible not to have had a lasting and positive impact. She will be able to look back and say “these women were so nice to me and so impressed by me as a child then I wonder all that I am capable of.” She left yesterday with the best possible reinforcement of all that I try to impart in her each day as a stay at home dad; the message that “You are bright and you are good and you are capable of going after your dream… whatever that dream is.”
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017