Marti Noxon proved her mettle pretty quickly by penning a series of strong Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel episodes at the top of her TV career, many of them being quiet rewrites that never earned her a credit.
Back then, though, I might have expected Noxon would have had a more illustrious career, but for whatever reason, Hollywood has never really made the most of Marti.
Fright Night and I Am Number Four really needed better directors, and for all of her contributions to Mad Men and Glee more recently, Noxon has been overshadowed by those show’s top-billed showrunners. She’s gone back to being a best-kept secret.
Though maybe that’s about to change.
Variety are reporting that GK Films have hired Noxon to write their new Tomb Raider screenplay, adapting the video games into a fresh-start feature film franchise. Maybe producer Graham King only got as far as Buffy on Noxon’s resume before hiring her, but whatever his thinking, I’m glad of it.
There’s no story as yet, and also no casting or director. There is, however, a talented writer. We’re off to a good start.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014