Go away. That’s if you haven’t read Superman Unchained #1 by Scott Snyder and Jim Lee yet.
From the end of Avengers Vs X-Men.
And from the end of Superman Unchained #1.
Mind you, Snyder and Lee do something very interesting in Superman Unchained. They have added massive backstory into the New 52 – something Snyder also did with Court Of Owls in Batman – but also have given DC a “superman” with a seventy-five year history. Oh and have weaponised the superhero programme in one fell stroke. Nifty.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself? If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- The Cartoon Museum Exhibits 40 Years Of 2000AD From Next Week - January 20, 2017
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017