Amongst the information shared were details of The Simpsons panel, promising:
never-before seen footage from guest director Guillermo del Toro
Now, I’d absolutely love to see that panel, though it’s a TV event happening on the Saturday, which sounds like a Ballroom 20 booking to me.
At that time, I’ll almost certainly be riveted to my seat in Hall H, deliriously watching Godzilla stomp on the army or some such thing. And I will be very happy about it.
But, you know, at least one of my ventricles will be with Del Toro and The Simpsons.
I do wonder if, maybe, The Simpsons have just tapped Del Toro for a couch gag. They do get a lot of guests working on those.
Or maybe they were smart enough to sic him on this year’s Treehouse of Horror episode. That’d be a perfect match. That’s what I’m rooting for.
Incidentally, Futurama will have a panel at San Diego too, alongside the considerably less Matt Groening-y Murder Police, Sleepy Hollow, Bones, Bob’s Burgers, Brickleberry, How I Met Your Mother, Family Guy, American Dad and Sons of Anarchy.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014