Illumination Entertainment are the toon studio behind the Despicable Me films, including next year’s Minions spin-off. They don’t have the vocal fanbase of Pixar, or even Dreamworks, but they’ve certainly got a lot of good animators on the books. Recruiting Brian Lynch to write on their films was certainly a good move too.
The Illumination YouTube has turned out to be a little more offbeat than Universal’s, offering not only trailers and clips from their movies but some other, more esoteric bric-a-brac.
Here, then, are:
- an animation test, comparing the original yellow minions with the new, evil purple ones
- the animated title card that will open Despicable Me 2
- and a fan tribute to one of the more… um… memorable trailers of recent years.
Despicable Me 2 opens in the UK on June 28th and in the US on July 3rd.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014