We were lead to believe some time ago that Zack Snyder and David Goyer were being set to work on a Justice League project. It was good info, but tonight we also have to factor in Deadline‘s new report that Warner Bros. have put a Man of Steel sequel on the fast track, and that Snyder and Goyer will be reprising their duties as director and screenwriter.
I can’t help but wonder if the deal was originally focused on Justice League but circumstances have led to a shift of emphasis? And by circumstances, I mean the phenomenal amount of interest in Man of Steel. This film is going to make one heck of a dent in the box office this weekend.
Deadline do agree that Goyer has been charged with writing Justice League as well as the next Superman. Perhaps it comes down to something as simple as a three picture deal with Goyer, only one more picture booked with Snyder, and then the order of the films being changed in Warner Bros.’ ledger?
There’s less than an hour until the embargo drops and I can tell you lots of things about Man of Steel, including whether or not I liked it – and, by extension I suppose, how I feel about Snyder and Goyer coming back for round 2.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014