According to Ubisoft’s ongoing E3 presentation, they’re making an animated TV show, starring their ubiquitous Rabbids characters. The big twist, and it sounds so big that I’m not sure how they’ll pull it off, is that the program will be interactive.
The promise is that Rabbids Invasion will allow viewers to have a direct effect on the show as it unfolds. An example was shown in which viewers watched the show on an X-Box One and gestured at the screen. The console’s motion control camera was able to determine who was pointing where, and when, and so the gameplay unfolded accordingly.
The show was animated and edited much like a normal CG toon, but there was some overlay to relate the interactive elements when players, for example, fired eggs at the Rabbids, or made a crack in the screen.
Rabbids Invasion looks like a rather odd hybrid, but the core concept is nothing if not ambitious. By my reckoning, though, it’s a video game that emulates TV rather than a TV show that’s interactive, though the distinction may prove to be moot.
Here’s the trailer for the show. Game. Gamesh… er… showgame.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXhd8W9PC-Y
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014