I’m just a little split on whether or not this is a hoax or not, but even if it isn’t, that doesn’t mean it’s true – and, technically, I suppose, even if it is, that doesn’t mean it’s false. In all cases, though, it’s an interesting bit of gossip. And it’s an intriguing possibility.
Rich adds: It’s The Daily Record from Saturday…
Karen Gillan will have to be in good shape for her role as a gold bikini-clad alien villain in the Marvel comics superhero film Guardians of the Galaxy. The former Doctor Who star will play Angela, a flame-haired, sword-wielding bounty hunter. The 25-year old Scot – the Time Lord’s companion Amy Pond – begins filming in London later this summer.
So, did Gillan tell a friend who told a friend who told a local journalist? Is the source really “a Marvel insider”? Did this clipping ever really exist? Is Angela actually a “villain”?
This seems altogether too random to be based on nothing… doesn’t it?
But Marvel introduced Angela into their comic book universe very recently indeed. I’m not sure they’d have big screen plans for her so quickly.
Maybe they needed a bounty hunter character and she seemed as a good a choice as any – maybe even better, depending on your personal interest in that whole Slave Leia wardrobe.
I doubt the character line-up for Guardians will remain secret for too much longer. Production on the film kicks off in just the next few weeks for release on August 1st, 2014.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014