According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film’s $30 million price tag has proven too high for the studio to want to press ahead. Compare that budget to the $22 million taken at the US box office for Burt Wonderstone, the last Carrey-does-Carrey-schtick comedy, and I think you’ll grasp their point of view.
Dumb and Dumber To is not necessarily a dead project, mind, as Warner Bros. have given Bobby and Peter Farrelly the option to shop the sequel around to other studios, financiers and distributors… in exchange for a license fee and cut of the take.
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels have both agreed to star, formally being “attached” to the film, though no deals will have been signed as yet.
Should it happen, the film’s plot will apparently be in the road movie mould, with Lloyd and Harry searching out Harry’s illegitimate daughter, looking to secure her kidney for a transplant that will save her dad’s life. Did Warner Bros. not think to cast that apparent box office midas Melissa McCarthy as the daughter?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014