Written by Robert Kirkman, and drawn by Whilce Portacio, Todd McFarlane, Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Jim Valentino and Rob Liefeld with covers by Jim Lee, the series has been terminally delayed.
The first issues were published in November and December 2009, but issue 3 was very delayed. A new stopgap Image United #0 by Kirkman, Larsen, Portacio and Ryan Ottley came out in February, and issue 3 finally arrived in August 2011.
Issues 4, 5 and 6 were never published. And neither was another stopgap solicited issue Image Unlimited Interlude. Only a little of the cover by Ryan Ottley was even shown.
The reason the other people were hidden? They hadn’t been drawn. They were meant to be Jack Staff by Paul Grist, Madman by Mike Allred, Battlestone by Marat Mychaels and Pitt by Dale Keown. But the book never happened. And neither did the cover.
A fan going by the name of Murch has bought Ryan Ottley’s original artwork and is getting everyone else to add the characters that were going to originally appear. You can see the process below. All he needs now is Dale Keown’s art, but Keown doesn’t do mail commissions or attend many shows, aside from Toronto. Murch won’t be able to do that show until August 2014.
So… is there anyone who can help? And get a completely Image United Interlude cover completed before the end of 2014?
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017
- Even More Walking Dead #163 For Your 25 Cents - January 16, 2017
- This Martin Luther King Comic May Have Been The Most Influential Comic Book Of All Time - January 16, 2017