Much to my surprise, one of the Sunday papers actually is claiming a casting scoop for the new Doctor Who.
According to The Telegraph today, the BBC have offered the role to Rory Kinnear. They quote a source as saying:
He has been offered the part and we are waiting to hear if he will accept. He is the perfect choice.
Kinnear was well-tipped by pundits and bookies. At that time, I said:
Ladbrokes’ favourite, at 3/1, is Rory Kinnear, son of Roy Kinnear, recurring player in the Bond series and Black Mirror‘s pig-banging PM. I’d certainly be happy with that pick.
Kinnear was not, however, either of the names that Bleeding Cool were made privy to over the last few months as the process rolled along.
Do note that The Telegraph didn’t run with this story on the front page, which you might have expected from somebody truly confident…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014