Chris Thompson writes;
It seems Image Duplicator has got people talking … The private view, attended by a number of artists including co-curators Rian Hughes & Jason Atomic, Dave Gibbons, Garry Leach, Steve Cook, DJ Food, Robin Barnard and friends, has been covered extensively, and people can’t get enough of the ongoing discussion about Lichtenstein and his work.
In the spirit of that, Orbital Comics hosted a very special panel discussion on Thursday May 23, to explore Lichtenstein’s work and the original comics he drew inspiration from. Hosted by our own Chris Thompson, the panel was completed by:
Rian Hughes (exhibition co-curator)
Rian is a renowned artist, designer & typographer who has worked for many years in the comic business.
Daniel Brant (gallerist,curator)
Daniel runs the A&D Gallery which is currently holding an exhibition of Lichtenstein’s prints and will serve as future location for Image Duplicator part 2.
Paul Gravett (author,comics expert)
Paul Gravett is a journalist, curator, writer and broadcaster who has worked in comics publishing and promotion for over 20 years.
Jason Atomic (exhibition co-curator)
Jason is an artist, writer and curator who work has been inspired and affected by various aspects of pop culture.
- This Martin Luther King Comic May Have Been The Most Influential Comic Book Of All Time - January 16, 2017
- Dan Panosian On The Shadowy World Of The Inker - January 16, 2017
- Marshal Law Creators Pat Mills And Kevin O’Neill’s New Project Read Em And Weep - January 16, 2017
- Neil Gaiman’s American Gods Comic From Dark Horse Will Not Be Sold In The UK - January 16, 2017
- Three New Looks At Netflix’s Defenders…. Krysten Ritter, Rachael Taylor, Finn Jones And Sigourney Weaver - January 16, 2017