It is a marked slump on previous promotions, Kick Ass raised a four figure sum and made Deve Lizewski famous, $5,000 from Superior and $8,500 from Nemesis. Secret Service raised $5,100 to send kids from his old school to the big Christmas pantomime and Jupiter’s Children raised over $3,500.
In comparison, Kick Ass 3 has raised a smaller sum, which may be reflective of the wider economy and less prominent publicity this time (I only found out about it after it had finished) but it’s still a great example of promotion, charity and commerce working perfectly together. And raises the question, why don’t other people do what Mark Millar does?
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018