It is a marked slump on previous promotions, Kick Ass raised a four figure sum and made Deve Lizewski famous, $5,000 from Superior and $8,500 from Nemesis. Secret Service raised $5,100 to send kids from his old school to the big Christmas pantomime and Jupiter’s Children raised over $3,500.
In comparison, Kick Ass 3 has raised a smaller sum, which may be reflective of the wider economy and less prominent publicity this time (I only found out about it after it had finished) but it’s still a great example of promotion, charity and commerce working perfectly together. And raises the question, why don’t other people do what Mark Millar does?
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017