Ed Stradling is a producer of documentaries for DVD and Blu-ray special features, including a number for Doctor Who. He’s apparently been speaking to Steven Moffat today, or at least quoting him on Twitter.
Steven Moffat says this morning “I haven’t a clue who it is, we’ve barely started.” So no #doctorwho announcement this evening I fear!
— Ed Stradling (@edstradling) June 8, 2013
We’ve already had it confirmed by the BBC that there’s no announcement coming – it’s the first half of the tweet that’s really interesting.
Because we honestly believe that Moffat does know who the new Doctor is. And has done since the actor was cast.
I suppose there might be recasting going on but, really, that’s not how I’d be inclined explain the disconnect between Moffat’s comment and the stories we’ve been told behind the scenes…
Let’s assume that Moffat is telling the truth and we’ve had the wool pulled over our eyes by other parties. This would mean that casting is just now geting underway, and real writing for the next season won’t start until it’s been completed…
And it would also mean that every actor in the country should get their agent on the phone now because Doctor Who could be anybody, right?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014