FIRST OF ALL: The actual, real first poster for the film has now turned up and is posted elsewhere on the site. Now, back to the original story as posted yesterday…
The BBFC have rated the first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug as a 12A, which suggests it’s at least too heady intense for unaccompanied eleven year olds. According to The Lebanese Cinema Movie Guide, we can expect to see this trailer online as of Tuesday, supposedly from 10am PDT. I’ll be sure to make it appear here at Bleeding Cool immediately.
And then, as of Friday, the trailer will play in cinemas with Man of Steel. There’s a 3D version, and I look forward to seeing that.
As is the typical pattern with studio movies, the release of the first trailer is being preceded by a poster. This isn’t the highest quality image, but at least you get a look at the design they’ve gone for.
You may recall that Unexpected Journey had a similar poster amongst its portfolio.
I expect that a better quality version of the new design will be along soon, but we’ll make do with the smaller one from 3ality Technica for now.
UPDATE: Seems that 3eality Technica have shared a fan-made fake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt seeing as they made the 3D rigs for the film and all, but it seems I shouldn’t have.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014