Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, screenwriter of the new Carrie and alum of Glee, has signed on to script a live action Archie movie.
At the same time, he’s also writing the Afterlife With Archie comics, introducing zombies to Riverdale. Finally.
Adding these two points together, Deadline surmise that the film will also feature the undead. Sounds like faulty arithmetic, especially when their sources are only promising:
high school comedy based on the original line of Archie Comics set in present-day Riverdale.
Honestly, don’t expect an Archie zombie film just yet – though if you are desperate for one, Bob Balaban‘s My Boyfriend’s Back is probably your best stop gap option.
Pitch Perfect‘s Jason Moore is set to direct Archie, which might give Alexis Knapp a two second head start on the role of Veronica.
As for Archie himself, or Betty, Reggie or Jughead…? You probably have better ideas.
Here’s how I expect it to not go, however – like the hip-fit makeover of Archie’s Girls.
Surely this was really a job for Diablo Cody or Daniel Waters? I hope Aguirre-Sacasa nails the potential, though. And that Jason Moore casts as well as he did with Pitch Perfect.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014