HBO have announced that production on a fourth and final season for Eastbound and Down starts tomorrow. Knowing that they’re bringing the story of Kenny Powers to a close before the cameras roll on even a single scene of this climactic year, Danny McBride and co-creator and director Jody Hill should be able to wrap things up neatly.
There will be eight episodes in this final season, and they’ll kick off on September 29th.
But… as that door closes, Chozen bursts in through another. That’s Chozen in the image above.
This will be a new animated show for FXX, produced by McBride and Hill, created by and starring Grant Dekernion. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show is:
about a gay white rapper recently released from prison who uses his new survival skills in his quest for redemption.
Dekernion will provide the rapping for this:
outrageous and ballsy comedy… also a very smart examination of the rap culture.
It sounds fresh, at the very least. Bobby Moynihan will be Chozen‘s speaking voice, and McBride’s voice will be in there somewhere too.
I saw McBride in This Is The End just this week. I… don’t think I’m allowed to say much about it yet so I’ll just make some noises instead. Maybe a kind of purring.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014