Evangeline Lilly is prepared, she told EW, for whatever audience reaction greets Tauriel, her newly-created character in the next Hobbit film, The Desolation of Smaug.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are going to be people who will totally hate Tauriel, think that she shouldn’t be in the movie, that it’s a betrayal of Tolkien, and no matter what I do it won’t be right. There will be everything between that and people who adore her and think it’s such a fun thing to have added to the film. I kind of got prepped for that being on Lost, because we had avid fans who were really extreme in their feelings about the show and its characters.
Yeah, I’d be scared if I was in her position. I saw how Twitter and Tumblr reacted to this week’s Game of Thrones this weekend and it was sometimes baffling, sometimes funny, always pathetic.
These are fictions, created by storytellers, and surely the most extreme reaction you should have is:
Oh, I don’t like that. That’s rubbish. What bloody idiots made this?
How dare you! To my darling beloved Spider-Man!
To think people even bring the notion of “rape” into this at times too. How arrogant.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014