Now that Once Upon A Time has been a pretty big hit on TV the studio might have some work to do convincing the public that their movie isn’t just a knock-off. The sad irony, you may recall, is that Fables almost became an ABC series but didn’t, leading many to allege that it’s Once Upon A Time that’s actually the copy.
Of course, the basic premises are much older than either, so I’m not sure convinced that Once must have been derived from Fables at all, but Wilingham’s stories are certainly amongst the best respected riffs on these ideas to date.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, A Royal Affair‘s Nikolaj Arcel has come on board to direct from a script by Jeremy Slater, while Harry Potter‘s David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford are going to produce.
There’s no word on which part, or parts, of the comics that Slater will be adapting, and he may well be cooking up a new plot that draws more on the milieu, characters and basic conceit.
Arcel’s A Royal Affair had a winning cast, two of whom are pretty hot in Hollywood right now. Will he be looking for Mads Mikkelsen and Alicia Vikander to join him on Fables? Personally, I’m pretty much just waiting from them to show up…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014