— JamesDRobinson (@JamesDRobinson) May 29, 2013
James Robinson talking about Earth 2 there. Since Robinson announced he was leaving the book, there has been some speculation, but mostly silence, about why he left.
I heard over the weekend, from a fellow DC creator, that they’d been told why Robinson left the book. As had been presumed, there were plans for a second Earth 2 book, but I understand that DC had chosen someone rather than Robinson to write it. And since Earth 2 was a book that Robinson takes some pride in, and some credit for its barnstorming success, bucking the trend of other new books introduced to the New 52, he took that as an affront. And so decided to walk from the original Earth 2 book.
I stress that this is only one version, and is hearsay from another DC creator. And that Bleeding Cool was unable to reach Robinson for comment. But it does fit into other, confirmed narratives, concerning creator relations at the publisher.
You can see how well the Earth 2 Annual sold last week, compared to the other DC Annuals, here…
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017