— JamesDRobinson (@JamesDRobinson) May 29, 2013
James Robinson talking about Earth 2 there. Since Robinson announced he was leaving the book, there has been some speculation, but mostly silence, about why he left.
I heard over the weekend, from a fellow DC creator, that they’d been told why Robinson left the book. As had been presumed, there were plans for a second Earth 2 book, but I understand that DC had chosen someone rather than Robinson to write it. And since Earth 2 was a book that Robinson takes some pride in, and some credit for its barnstorming success, bucking the trend of other new books introduced to the New 52, he took that as an affront. And so decided to walk from the original Earth 2 book.
I stress that this is only one version, and is hearsay from another DC creator. And that Bleeding Cool was unable to reach Robinson for comment. But it does fit into other, confirmed narratives, concerning creator relations at the publisher.
You can see how well the Earth 2 Annual sold last week, compared to the other DC Annuals, here…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017