Okay, expect a lot of British news madness over the next few weeks until the next actor to play the lead in Doctor Who is announced. And everyone seizing on tiny titbits to justify an article. Like we are doing right now. With these kind of results.
Daniel Rigby is a young British actor, best known for his work on the British Telecom ads, but also starring in Black Mirror, and for deservedly beating both Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch for the Best Actor BAFTA for his role as Eric Morecambe in Eric And Ernie.
And the news is that he is no longer renewing his British Telecom contract. That may be so that people stop calling him a twat on the streets. It may be because he wants to be taken more seriously as an actor.
But the other thing is, if you are the lead in Doctor Who, you can’t do adverts.
Guess which aspect we thought might have been newsworthy.
Of course the minute you stop doing Doctor Who, you can do all the ads you like. But only in Scottish. As David Tennant has discovered to his bank manager’s delight.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On Video: From One Side Of The Show To The Other - July 20, 2017
- Marvel Releases First Poster For ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Footage From Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle Shown At San Diego Comic-Con – And Channing Tatum Just Showed Up - July 20, 2017
- ‘Asterix’ Sets A 5 Million Print Run For Its First Printing - July 20, 2017
- Thought Bubble Anthology 2017 Features Jason Aaron, Jen Bartel, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Graham, Jody Houser, Jason Latour, Emi Lenox, Simon Roy, Marley Zarcone (VISUAL UPDATE) - July 20, 2017