Okay, expect a lot of British news madness over the next few weeks until the next actor to play the lead in Doctor Who is announced. And everyone seizing on tiny titbits to justify an article. Like we are doing right now. With these kind of results.
Daniel Rigby is a young British actor, best known for his work on the British Telecom ads, but also starring in Black Mirror, and for deservedly beating both Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch for the Best Actor BAFTA for his role as Eric Morecambe in Eric And Ernie.
And the news is that he is no longer renewing his British Telecom contract. That may be so that people stop calling him a twat on the streets. It may be because he wants to be taken more seriously as an actor.
But the other thing is, if you are the lead in Doctor Who, you can’t do adverts.
Guess which aspect we thought might have been newsworthy.
Of course the minute you stop doing Doctor Who, you can do all the ads you like. But only in Scottish. As David Tennant has discovered to his bank manager’s delight.
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017
- Image Comics’ $428 Humble Bundle To Benefit Human Rights Campaign For Their 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017