There’s a very mean thing The Daily Show does. Where they take a comment someone once said and contrast it with something they, or their association says now, that completely contradicts the original statement. It’s mean, it’s out of context, and it’s completely unnecessary.
Naturally, we love it.
To be clear – DC is not a market-share-chaser. If we were, we would not be creating a quality lasting direction across a controlled number of titles. We would instead be flooding the market with over 200 titles a month, changing your prices with abandon, killing off a character every quarter or so, and/or randomly announcing decimal-pointed event-ish thingies. We haven’t.
To the covers issue numbers of September’s Villain Month from DC Comics.
Oh yes, and as we said, they all appear to be $3.99…
So it does look like DC might do better in September on dollar marketshare. The price will go back down in October for the $2.99 books… but how will that affect digital titles, which don’t have the “special” covers?
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018