There’s a very mean thing The Daily Show does. Where they take a comment someone once said and contrast it with something they, or their association says now, that completely contradicts the original statement. It’s mean, it’s out of context, and it’s completely unnecessary.
Naturally, we love it.
To be clear – DC is not a market-share-chaser. If we were, we would not be creating a quality lasting direction across a controlled number of titles. We would instead be flooding the market with over 200 titles a month, changing your prices with abandon, killing off a character every quarter or so, and/or randomly announcing decimal-pointed event-ish thingies. We haven’t.
To the covers issue numbers of September’s Villain Month from DC Comics.
Oh yes, and as we said, they all appear to be $3.99…
So it does look like DC might do better in September on dollar marketshare. The price will go back down in October for the $2.99 books… but how will that affect digital titles, which don’t have the “special” covers?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017