There’s a very mean thing The Daily Show does. Where they take a comment someone once said and contrast it with something they, or their association says now, that completely contradicts the original statement. It’s mean, it’s out of context, and it’s completely unnecessary.
Naturally, we love it.
To be clear – DC is not a market-share-chaser. If we were, we would not be creating a quality lasting direction across a controlled number of titles. We would instead be flooding the market with over 200 titles a month, changing your prices with abandon, killing off a character every quarter or so, and/or randomly announcing decimal-pointed event-ish thingies. We haven’t.
To the covers issue numbers of September’s Villain Month from DC Comics.
Oh yes, and as we said, they all appear to be $3.99…
So it does look like DC might do better in September on dollar marketshare. The price will go back down in October for the $2.99 books… but how will that affect digital titles, which don’t have the “special” covers?
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017