Tech Crunch is reporting that popular comics blog Comics Alliance, along with AOL Music, is being bought up by Townsquare, and will include staff contracts, after news ove a month ago that AOL was to close both.
The AOL-owned blog reports;
The deal, whose terms were undisclosed, puts the properties back under the stewardship of Townsquare’s executive vice president Bill Wilson, who was formerly the president of AOL Media during the time the sites launched in 2008-2009 and helped develop them. The staffs of these sites are joining Townsquare.
Bill Wilson just tweeted;
I wanted to make sure you saw that we were able to acquire some of the aol music assets (and Comics Alliance).Very excited! Hope u r well
— Bill Wilson (@Bill__Wilson) June 3, 2013
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017
- SCOOP: The Return Of The Elementals From Dynamite Entertainment - April 30, 2017