I’ve just spent an awful lot of money on Criterion Blu-rays. Amazon have an absolute stack on offer at $19.99, down from full prices of around $35 to $40. I couldn’t help myself. And I’m afraid to say we’re talking about hundreds of dollars.
If you want to join me in eating nothing but white rice for the next month, I could definitely recommend:
- Jonathan Demme’s sexy, funny screwball comedy Something Wild
- Alex Cox’s punk sci-fi Repo Man
- Haskel Wexler’s groundbreaking genre mash-up Medium Cool
- Mike Leigh’s warm and insightful Life is Sweet
- Irvin Yeaworth’s irresistible The Blob
- Michael Cimino’s epic and stirring Heaven’s Gate
- Joshua Marston’s tense and sharp The Forgiveness of Blood
- Roman Polanski’s high-pressure Repulsion
- Seijun Suzuki’s pop-art gangster thriller Branded to Kill
- Nobuhiko Ohbayashi’s jaw-droppingly inventive horror caper House
- Rainer Werner Fassbender’s pioneering sci-fi film World on a Wire
And, to be honest, dozens more.
If there’s anything you’d really recommend, do tell me. I didn’t buy them all but, if you push me, I just might.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014