Waiting in line sucks. I’ve never waited in line two and a half hours for anything. Until today – to get into the Denver Comic Con. Apparently four hours was the norm if the complaint cloud from within the exhibit hall can be believed, and trust them, it can. The line stretched around the entire mammoth building, meandering at points like an ouroboros, cosplayers and their munchkins in tow asking in disbelief, “Really? The end is where?”
Once inside the center, processing was lightning quick, an indication that organizers are probably beside themselves with ticket proceeds. Friday’s tickets were completely sold out.
Fiona Staples is here, and is impossibly charming. She gave me goosebumps. The very friendly Matt Wagner is here, and will draw an amazing Grendel sketch in your Devil By The Deed for gratis. Peter Bagge will tell you he wants to bring Hate back in periodical form, but is having trouble finding publisher interest.
Jim Steranko, Brian Pulido, Ben Templesmith and too many more to list. They’re just sitting here, waiting for you to come up and extend a hand and a smile. Staples, George Takei, Wil Wheaton and Peter Mayhew all have spotlight presentations tomorrow, and William Shatner has replaced a last minute Stan Lee drop out. The con has wound down for today, but tomorrow it’s on, like, well, Comic Con.
Rich adds… if you recognise yourself in costume, get in touch and we’ll add your details!
- 6 DC Comics Covers for February 2018 from Lee Bermejo, Bilquis Evely, Guillem March, Alvaro Martinez, Shane Davis, and Doug Mahnke - January 18, 2018
- Promethea Joins the Justice League of America - January 18, 2018
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018